Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law School honors

hi! for law school apps under the "List the academic honors and awards, or other recognitions you have received"
do I list all/any of the following:
- deans list
- magna cum laude
- computer science honors society (upsilon pi epsilon)
- university honors program

thanks!

Comments

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

I'd list them all. You never know what a reader might find significant. You earned the recognition. Reap whatever benefit you can get.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Yep. List em all. On my resume even, I have a section for scholarships and awards. I break down the awards by award type and then just list the years to make it cleaner. (Dean's List - Fall 2017, Spring 2018, Fall 2018, etc)

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I'm going to piggy back on this thread and ask a question too, if someone sees it...

I just put 2 and 2 together and realized that the university I graduated from doesn't put Dean's List on transcripts. Has anyone dealt with that? My academic summary report at LSAC shows academic honors during my freshman year when I was at a state university (this one must be dean's list), and then not again until my senior year, which I believe is Latin honors. I transferred universities my sophomore year, which is why the honors goes away then. Only the first university I attended put DL on the transcript. Dean's List requirement is nothing particularly special at my second school (any semester with 3.0+), but not sure if I should contact LSAC to find out a way to get it on my CAS report or if that matters? Maybe if I had a letter sent in from the school that they don't put it on the transcript but that I qualified? Or should I just put it on my resume and not worry about it? It's obviously not a huge deal, but I'll take anything I can get. I had good grades, but not a lot of awards or noteworthy things, ya know?