Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entitled to a minor but never received

akrieglerakriegler Alum Member

Hi everyone,

So I graduated without a minor as I had to transfer campuses within my university and the campus I transferred to did not have the required classes to complete the minor I originally chose. Upon viewing my school’s recommended academic plan for my major, I noticed that taking a certain economics class (that I took during my freshman year) entitled me to a business minor (but I was never told about this while I was in school!).

I’ve been on the phone with my school for weeks trying to see if I can get this minor added to my transcripts but they are giving me the run around. Is there any way to write an addendum (or something along those lines) in my application to show schools that I completed the work for a minor and am waiting to see if it will be granted? Also, if this is possible, is it worth doing so?

I’m worried because I was a communications major and didn’t have the best gpa (3.26, but my last few semesters were all 3.75+). I’m thinking a minor would help me a little and I would really like it shown on my application.

Thank you!

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited December 2018 3652 karma

I don’t think it matters. Schools can see your transcript and they do look through your courseload for the rigor/breadth/depth of the classes you took. I doubt the school will add a minor to your degree, to get a minor you need to sign up for it before you graduate.

But since you do have an upward GPA trend you should write a GPA addendum and it wouldn’t hurt to add in that you took the courses needed for a business minor.