Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Diversity Statement - 7Sage Forum

Diversity Statement

Hi all,

Is it ok to elaborate on things that are listed on the resume on to the DS?

Thank you!

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

If the elaboration (1) is connected to your background or upbringing and (2) does not involve bland recitations of your duties and accomplishments, then I don't see why not. Otherwise, I'm inclined to say no.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

As long as you did not discuss them in your personal statement, you can put them in your DS.

As a side note, probably 70-80 percent of applicants should not include a diversity statement. Unless you have a truly diverse background you shouldn't write one. A hacked together diversity statement will be seen as disingenuous.

• Beast ModeBeast Mode Live Member
    850 karma

@FixedDice Thank you, I appreciate it. The points I wanted to elaborate on are connected to my background and like you suggested I will avoid reciting my accomplishments.

• Beast ModeBeast Mode Live Member
    850 karma

@Ohnoeshalpme Thank you, I appreciate it. I haven't discussed them in my PS and I understand what you mean in regards to not being seen disingenuous. I will keep that in mind.