Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Registration Cancellation/Withdraw

So I got my scores from the November LSAT and have now decided to cancel the January LSAT that I preemptively registered for. I had no idea this would be so complicated and I just sent in the refund request form, but LSAC replied that the process will take three weeks. In the meantime, I've realized my applications are now on hold until those scores theoretically come in or LSAC cancels my registration.

Has anyone dealt with this before? Is there a faster way to get them to cancel the the registration or do I just have to email every single school and explain the situation?

Thank you!

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Hmm... first, I think I'd want to clarify something with LSAC. I'm guessing that the 3 weeks to process is referring to the refund. They likely process your actual withdrawal right away. But you might want to call to confirm that.

If they say that no, it will take 3 weeks for the withdrawal to show on your record that the schools see, then I would indeed email every admission office you applied to and let them know that you withdrew from the upcoming LSAT administration and LSAC is processing it. Maybe also attach a PDF of the confirmation you received from LSAC as proof.

I'm guessing though that you won't need to do that. But that said, even if the withdrawal already is available for the schools to see, I'm not sure how the process works - like if it is pushed to the schools right away or if the school would have to look it up themselves to see if something has changed. So, it's not a bad idea to email anyway.

But first, I think I'd start with a call to LSAC to confirm if it is just the refund that takes 3 weeks to process and whether or not the schools can see your withdrawal immediately.

Hope that helps!