Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

experience with full time job

Ezlov180Ezlov180 Alum Member
in General 16 karma

Hey peeps!

I have been working a full time for over 3 years now and from working at my job have decided that I would like to go to law school. My full time job is pretty demanding and i could work from 40-50 hours a week and, some days (maybe once every 2-3 weeks) 10-11 hours just in a work shift. I took the LSATS in November on an unrealistic limb thinking I was giving myself enough time to learn all of the materials and be ready in about 2 1/2 months. (HA jokes on me) I did terrible on the test and my score was very low. I have been thinking about looking for a new job that I can still support myself, have insurance and be able to study appropriately for the next test. I would not like to switch jobs for many reasons but know I definitely want to go to school and this isn't my forever job. Ideally i would like to take it in March 2019 but I think this time I learned I need to make sure I am 100% ready and not just forcing myself to take the test. I work with many attorneys in my position and some are young and most are old. A few of the younger attorneys have told me not to get discouraged by my low score because i have gained A LOT of experience in my job that pertains to law. I have testified and presented in so many different types of family and dependency law hearings, and work with law on a daily basis. I have worked with many criminals, have interview experience and all. My point and question is I am curious to know how much schools would weigh in on my experiences and (decent) GPA, etc vs. my low scores? I plan to redo the CC and give myself more time to really learn the material and drill but I feel lost on my path to applying and my chances, and don't want to settle for a school that takes low test scores just because i want to get into school. If you have ever worked a full time job, i would appreciate any tips for studying!?