Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Résumé question - 7Sage Forum

Résumé question

amicuslsatamicuslsat Alum Member

Hello!

I worked for two international companies remotely, one based out of NYC and the other in LA, from India. Both of them were in the publishing and consultancy domain so they don't have any actual physical space in my country. In fact, I was the only person in India working for one of the companies. I am wondering what geographical location should I put in my résumé, that of the company or where I lived(and worked).

Thank you! :)

Comments

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

That's an awesome question. I would put the "location" of the company. Looking forward to what others say.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Hmm that's interesting. On my resume I don't list locations. Do you feel like you need to?

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2043 karma

Generally you would put the location of the company. In your case, I think you should put the location of the company and either use one of the bullet points to note that it was remote work in your home country or better yet write a short addendum (like literally two sentences) to indicate that it was remote.

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

You could follow two options: (1) list the company's corporate location next to the company title and list in your first bullet point that you worked remotely from NY or LA (you were part of the remote team or you were the remote team in a particular US market) OR (2) list your remote location next to the company title and in the first bullet point state that you were the remote team for an international company based in [corporate location]. You want to quickly and clearly show the reader information about the company and the nature of your employment without forcing them to hunt around the resume or the rest of your application.

• amicuslsatamicuslsat Alum Member
    178 karma

Thank you everyone, that was very helpful! :)