Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Be consistent or abbreviate the second time on résumé

desire2learndesire2learn Member
in General 1171 karma
@david.busis If I am writing the same organization over and over again, do I keep writing out the full name or do I abbreviate after the first time. In this instance National Christian College Athletic Association could be shortened to NCCAA after the first appearance (it appears three times on my résumé). I thought you had something on this in the admissions starter but then I couldn't find it (which could mean I was mistaken or that I just missed the appropriate section the second time).

Comments

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7272 karma
    You can abbreviate after the first mention if it will be clear to readers what you're talking about. For example, if the National Christian College Athletic Association is an entry's header, it's definitely fine to say, in a bullet point, "Edited NCCAA's weekly newsletter." If you use it again in a different bullet point and you think your reader might be confused, you should probably spell it out again. And if you put it in another header—e.g. for a different position—then spell it out.
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    Thank you so much!