Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do most of you folks BR fresh full PTs on the day of taking them?

Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
edited January 2019 in General 1058 karma

I took my full fresh PT for the first time in months and after taking it, I couldn't study anymore and had to call it a day. Exhaustion. I BR'd one game and compiled a list of LR questions that I should BR before grading them but I'm so doing them tomorrow.

Do most of you BR full PTs on the day of taking them? Unless I'm on advil like 3 times a day, which I don't think is a great idea though I am no doctor, I doubt I can do full PTs AND BR them on the same day. But that automatically reduces the number of hours I study daily on PT days. Kind of torn here.

Please share your experiences.

P.S_ I'm currently studying full time. On a non-PT day, I typically spend 6 hr-ish(Meal/bathroom/rest/daydreaming/Browing on the internet excluded) fully dedicated to the LSAT.

Comments

• GreatDay8GreatDay8 Alum Member
    edited January 2019 130 karma

When I was working full-time, no - I only had enough energy and time to write a full PT after work and then take the next day to BR as much material as I could get through. Recently, however, I quit my job. Given that I have more time, I'm currently writing full PTs and BRing on the same day.
    That being said, I have been studying for quite some time now. In my earlier days of studying, PTs drained me. I think I could write maximum 2 PTs per week (BR included). Anything more than that felt "too much". Today, however, PTs don't train my mental faculties as much; the more I learned over the course of 7sage, the more I became acquainted with the questions, the quicker I understood them. In short, I perform less mental gymnastics now per test, so less of my energy is required. This has freed up energy to use for BR. But this has come only with time. Your brain is also a muscle - mental endurance is built over time.
    My best advice is stay in tune with your body and energy; you know yourself best. Challenge yourself but be weary of burn out. Mastering the LSAT is a marathon, not a sprint.

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    1058 karma

@GreatDay8 said:
    When I was working full-time, no - I only had enough energy and time to write a full PT after work and then take the next day to BR as much material as I could get through. Recently, however, I quit my job. Given that I have more time, I'm currently writing full PTs and BRing on the same day.
    That being said, I have been studying for quite some time now. In my earlier days of studying, PTs drained me. I think I could write maximum 2 PTs per week (BR included). Anything more than that felt "too much". Today, however, PTs don't train my mental faculties as much; the more I learned over the course of 7sage, the more I became acquainted with the questions, the quicker I understood them. In short, I perform less mental gymnastics now per test, so less of my energy is required. This has freed up energy to use for BR. But this has come only with time. Your brain is also a muscle - mental endurance is built over time.
    My best advice is stay in tune with your body and energy; you know yourself best. Challenge yourself but be weary of burn out. Mastering the LSAT is a marathon, not a sprint.

Word. Very helpful. Thank you!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Nope! Although I was working full time. I did drills in the evenings after work, then would do a full PT on Saturdays and nothing else the rest of the day. I did BR on Sunday, and if it took me more than about 3-4 hours, I would finish the BR on Monday.

The good news too is that the longer you study, the less time BR takes. When you get more confident, you'll start circling fewer and fewer questions, so the BR starts to go by very quickly. As mentioned above too, your stamina for taking full PTs will also increase. And indeed, it's a marathon. It's really important to avoid burn out, so if you start to feel tired like that, call it a day. When I was working full time and studying for the LSAT, I studied 2-3 hours on weekdays, but made sure to take at least 1 weeknight off to do something fun instead. And on weekends, after I was done with the PT on Saturdays and BR on Sundays, I'd also make sure to step away and take time off. It helps a lot to recharge and not tax your brain too much. It takes a while to absorb everything.

• Harvey_lHarvey_l Alum Member
    268 karma

Actually I heard of this legend who took his LSAT (like actual LSAT day of exam ordeal.) finishes each section ahead of time at around the twenty minute mark, and actually has time to BR every section.

Of course this guy got like 178-180, but wow it shows how much you can really master this exam if you understand every little intricate deal/curves the questions can throw at you.