Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hitting a Low PT

flinch8flinch8 Alum Member
edited December 2014 in February 2015 LSAT 23 karma
I've been prepping since September for the Feb. 2015 test using the 7Sage curriculum. My original diagnostic was a 150. I've taken 15 PT's now (36-49 & June. 2007), ranging from 150-164 with avg. around 157, but I've been hitting 159-162 lately, and I just got a 156 on PT 49. I'm only 2 months out and I'm just getting concerned that I won't be able to get the score I want (high 160s-170) with the current methods I'm using and I need some reassurance. I've done BR with every test, and reviewed what's wrong as diligently as I could. I guess I'm also wondering if this is a typical (loose term) trajectory for high-scorers around this time in prep. Or maybe PT 49 was just harder.

I've been studying while in school (light schedule) and will have about 6 weeks free over the holidays to prepare. I didn't complete the whole 7sage curriculum, just really got a foundation. I'm just trying to realistically decide whether or not I should take the Feb. test. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
    810 karma
    Are you hitting 175+ when you BR? If so, you're probably mostly having trouble with timing, which can be improved through practice. If not, your fundamentals need work; I would encourage you to consider completing the entire 7sage curriculum.

Either way, it's probably too early to make a call about the February exam. Just keep practicing!

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    ^ yes with BR, deff wanna be scoring up there otherwise you have fundamentals to work on.
    I wouldn't get too discouraged, although it seems to close the Feb test is a bit aways and there is plenty of time to improve. if you are properly BRing good, keep that up. Find what type of problems you're still getting wrong and drill that type or review JY's lesson on them then drill or read the trainer, whatever helps you the most, brush up on it and drill them. I can't say if 49 was just harder, but to each individual person the way a test goes could trip someone up. I just took the June 07 and hated it, the wording of a bunch of questions just killed me more so than the other PT's I have taken so just pay attention to what is messing you up and keep working at it and you will see the improvement you're looking for
  • flinch8flinch8 Alum Member
    23 karma
    Thanks Allison and jdawg. Yeah, my BR's are often not much better (sometimes 2-4 pts.) than my original score and I try to do them as strict as possible. I'm pretty sure I need to fix my fundamentals and finish some more of the curriculum. Thanks again to you both!
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    then yes, def need to work on your fundamentals and if your rushing BR at all make sure you slow down. maybe even write down why each answer is right or wrong