Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

#Help: Better LSAT vs. Entrance Scholarship

edited February 2019 in Law School Admissions 776 karma

Hey all,

Not sure which section this belongs in - but just wanted to get your thoughts on the following matter:

I know for American schools - students receive better admission entrance scholarships when they have a stronger LSAT mark (ex. 164 vs. 172). However, I was wondering if inputting the study effort + time needed to go from 164 vs. 172 - if it is worth it? I am a Canadian student and planning on to BE studying at Canadian law school. Anybody know if Canadian laws schools offer large entrance admission scholarships for those students with better LSAT marks?

The only reason why I am asking is that studying for the LSAT (the correct way, the correct process that 7sage recommends + more) - takes a long time to perfect. And as you get older means more responsibility and more time you have to put to other things. I made a pros and cons list below, but just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the matter.

Currently this what is on my plate: my Masters Program, 15+ hour work weeks & studying for the LSAT + being married LOL.

Pros:
- With my strong extra curricular activities, GPA - I think with a decent GPA I can easily get in
- Can look for full time work with the saved time
- All the emotional, physical & mental strain with trying to crush this exam is gone LOL

Cons:
- larger loan due to probably not getting a strong LSAT mark

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Comments

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Admission to a program and any merit scholarship award are dependent on many many factors. Your chances for admission and award at a particular school will likely increase if your LSAT score and GPA are well above the school's medians. If you have limited time and resources to improve your LSAT, you should look at your school list and see where your LSAT and GPA fall for each school. If you are aiming for admission to T20, you would probably have to increase your LSAT from 164 to 172. If you want admission with scholarship, you may benefit from applying to T20-50 schools. Good luck!