How long? Waiting for Decisions - Feb Applicant

LAWYEREDLAWYERED Alum Member

Hi all,

I submitted my apps in mid-Feb (yes, I know--rather late but life happens) and I was wondering how long it takes to hear back from most schools? I've almost exclusively applied to CA schools (Santa Clara, Chapman, USD, Pepperdine, USC, etc.).

What was the average wait time for the schools you applied? 3 weeks?

Thanks!

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

It really varies by school. Some respond in a couple weeks, others take months. I would guess that you will likely hear around middle to end of March. I have yet to hear back from Berkeley and I applied there mid-December. I know someone that is still waiting to hear on apps from October. But that said, applying late means that schools will likely look at yours more quickly, since deposit deadlines are typically in April.

If you look around on lawschoolnumbers.com, you can see when people applied and when they received decisions for each school. It helps to figure out an estimated timeline.

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

What was the average wait time for the schools you applied? 3 weeks?

My average time is well over 12 weeks. But while I submitted my applications on October and November (when most apps are submitted), you submitted your application in mid-February. I wouldn't think your wait period will be more than 2 months, as schools have to make decisions by certain dates due to deposit deadlines and whatnot.

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

Applied in December/January and heard back from my last school this Tuesday. One school's turnaround was 7 days, and the longest was probably 2 months. So I'm guessing you'll have initial decisions by April. People who applied in September may have to wait longer just because most schools don't start reviewing apps until travel season is over in November.