Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yale Post-College Activities

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have insight as to the best way to approach the "post-college activities" section on the Yale app? I'm not sure if they want something very brief and matter-of-fact or something more like an additional essay which [however concisely] explains important motivations, lessons learned, etc.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
    edited February 2019 973 karma

From someone who got in, I don't think the format really matters. They're just looking for the content, same with the list of activities.

For reference, though, here's what I sent on a Word doc-turned pdf. I wrote "Post Grad Activities" on top and my name and LSAT number in the header.

"Since June XX, I have been working as a Assistant Stegosaurus Handler at Jurassic Park, a dinosaur-themed park that features real dinosaurs revitalized from ancient DNA. In my position, I act as the key support staff for our Chief Handler and take on daily duties relating to reptile care. Since I’ve arrived at here, I’ve served as the point person for the latest educational programs involving our Stegosauruses and helped to design new water terrain features.
    Besides my work, I’m enjoying keeping up my French and Mandarin language skills and am learning German."