Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the disability asterisk still being done?

maxmaxbobaxmaxmaxbobax Alum Member
in General 98 karma

Does anyone know if the scores of accommodated test takers with a disability are still being flagged with an asterisk?
I have not called LSAC about this but their site does not mention it at all. Nor does it mention if that the test is scored differently.

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8705 karma

I wasn’t aware this was ever happening. Others will no doubt know better than me but wouldn’t this be a violation of the ADA? I was under the impression that an accommodated exam and a non-accommodated were scored the same.
    Look forward to the responses.

• maxmaxbobaxmaxmaxbobax Alum Member
    98 karma

I know they were sued many times over flagging and did settle over the issue. But what I seem to be having trouble finding concrete facts they they don't score accommodated test takers differently nor mention that the test was accommodated.

• rene4231rene4231 Alum Member
    162 karma

"How are accommodated scores reported to law schools?

Scores earned with testing accommodations, including the testing accommodation of extended time, are reported in the same manner as nonaccommodated scores."

https://www.lsac.org/lsat/lsac-policy-accommodations-test-takers-disabilities/frequently-asked-questions-about-process

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

No. LSAC for many years was indicating which students had accommodations, but a few years ago were sued and lost hard. That is indeed a violation of the ADA. So no, no law school will know if you had accommodations. The tests are not scored any differently, since the accommodations are supposed to be what helps you level the playing field.