Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG Troubles

DaBears85DaBears85 Alum Member
in Logic Games 284 karma

So I finished the curriculum a little over a month ago and have just started fool proofing LG 1-35 using Pacifico's method. My problem is that for most of the games I have come across thus far I have a lot of trouble with them at the start. So since I don't really know how to approach it I stop and go to JY's video and I immediately understand it after he sets up the game board. So I guess my question is how do I eliminate that gap between having no idea how to approach the game to completely understanding it after watching the set-up.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Will

Comments

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

Hey! I feel like you just have to kepe practicing. Have you finished the logic games lesson? It is so important to look over those, introduction to logic, and advanced logic. This way you understand the differences such as in not both relations or more. Don't stress too much about not getting it right for the first few games! You need to practice, practice, and practice some more. It just begins to click eventually because the games are repeated.

I also just wanted to give these extra tips that have been helpful for me. Basically, I decided to print off the logic games bundle which was like all the games from PTs 1-35. I also added to the binder if I did a PT and would just put the games into the binder afterwards. I’ve been using google sheets to track my time, how many I got wrong, what date I first took the test, and more. If I got it wrong the first time, it goes in the second binder which is for more practice. If I missed questions, I would highlight it in red. I highlight in yellow if I had timing problems or if I’m just not 100% confident in the game and got lucky. I move those games to the second binder.

So, I’ll do like 10 PTs, move games accordingly to the second binder, redo the games, and see if there is improvement. If there is improvement, I move the games in the yellow tab for “practice”, but if I still suck…they stay in the red tab.

Usually, I just try the game, time myself, and step away from it. I will try to finish atleast 4 games. Then, I look over the games once more and decide if I want to stick to the answers or not. Which is sort of my BR, I guess. Then, I check the games!

Hopefully, that is helpful!