Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delayed LSAT Retake

MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
in General 470 karma

Leading up to the July 2018 LSAT I had not used 7Sage (aside from the free LG videos) and I was averaging around 170 on my PTs, with the last five or so PTs I took averaging around 174. My LG section would usually be -0/-1, LR would be -0 to -2 a section, and RC was really a variable, ranging from -1 to -6, usually getting -3 or -4.

Ultimately, I scored a 167 on test day. That test was not disclosed, but I know my pacing was off for the first time in a while on the first LR section which made me nervous throughout the rest of the test. So ultimately, I simply didn't perform well when it counted.

I haven't touched LSAT materials since then, and want to start restudying now to take the June 2019 LSAT. I'm not sure the best way to go about prepping as I have already done all the recent PTs (up through PT83) so I only have three fresh, recent PTs left. So I just bought the 7Sage Ultimate+ package as I thought having the access to the "hard" drill questions would be beneficial, but I don't really have time to watch all or even most of the CC. Are there specific lessons within the CC that are particularly valuable?

I'm currently planning to take a PT or two during the week (2 sections a night) and a full PT on Saturdays, with some review and drilling on Sundays. But I am eager to hear if some of you in the 7Sage community have advice as to how I should proceed since this is not the typical LSAT Retake scenario where one takes the exam very soon after their initial take and I'm not sure what's best.

Comments

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    edited March 2019 821 karma

Hey! I honestly feel like you do have an understanding of the material. Depending on which areas you think you could improve in, I might suggest that you do some timed sections of LR and RC. This will just get you a bit more experience with the test. Make sure you continue to foolproof the games because they always do need practice.

I think your plan for practice tests sounds great. It may even be helpful to do "confidence drills" which is something that is mentioned in the post CC videos, if you've seen those. I feel like that could be helpful to just time yourself in a section and try to see how many times you're getting it right on first insticts.

With the Pts, you want to make sure that are BR'ing correctly. You want to make sure you don't skip through videos because the way JY explains the WRONG answers is so much more helpful than just getting the RIGHT answer right. You want to know why something is wrong, how that wrong answer could have been correct, and how it may be the correct answer in future logical reasoning questions.

Depending on your weak areas that you will find in analytics, you could then target those certain question types and drill those sets!