Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is September too soon?

Hello,

I am currently working full-time as a conflicts analyst at a well-known law firm and studying for the LSAT. I started my LSAT study last July and took the September exam. I scored horribly (138). I completely under-estimated the time and hard work it takes to really master the LSAT. After taking a 4 month break from studying, I began to study again in January of this year. I am currently scoring in the high 140's now and would like to get to the low 160's if possible. I signed up for the June test, anticipating that I would be ready, however, I, once again, under-estimated the time frame to study for the LSAT. I am now almost one month away from the June LSAT and I know I cannot improve 15+ points within 4-6 weeks, all while working full-time. Given this, I was considering taking the September LSAT, and I wanted to know if this seems like a good time frame? I am currently taking about 1-2 PT's a week and going over ways to improve on my LR/RC sections. I have improved on my LG's section (from -10 to -3). I have the hardest time with LR/RC.

All in all, I just want to know if the September test would be a good time for me to take the LSAT. I do not want to take the exam again, my gpa is decent, and I'm not stern on getting into a T14 school, I just want to make sure I get into a decent school with as much of an opportunity for scholarship.

Comments

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

Sept is fine if you can study 20 hours a week, and obviously in a productive/efficient way. I would probably get a tutor as well if you want to make those gains by Sept. Good luck!

• gettysburggettysburg Alum Member
    126 karma

Right now, focus on getting closer to your goal score. There really isn't any way to know for sure how long a 15 point jump might take you. Some ideas are easier (and faster) to grasp than others. Don't impose artificial deadlines/timelines on yourself. Once you are nearing the deadline for September, see where your PT scores are at, and if you're at or around your goal, then register, if not, keep studying.