Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do acceptances work?

EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member

So, I am applying for a seasonal job outside the US for the Fall and/or Spring. My plan was to use the Summer to have my essays and letters of rec ready to go. Then, I would send out my application ASAP once my school's apps were ready for submission. I am deciding when to put my availability for work based around when I may need to be back in the states to interview (is that a thing? I don't know)/be present generally in case I need to visit a school in regards to scholarship or any other circumstance. Can I get some thoughts on my plan or situation?

Comments

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

So you're hoping to attend law school in the US? Some interviews can be done remotely. And not all schools do admissions interviews. I'd say visiting the schools you're seriously considering is a good idea. If you're planning to go to law school in fall 2020, then yes, you'd likely submit apps in summer and/or fall.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

You should be fine. Most of the schools that interview do it via Skype or phone. Many schools don’t interview applicants.

Check out which schools you’ll be applying to and see how they conduct — or if they conduct — interviews.

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

Thank you both for feedback.

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

If you take the summer to prepare your application, you will be ready to submit your applications early in the cycle (October/early November). Interviews can be done online. Many schools do not do evaluative interviews. If you want to visit schools to decide which one is most comfortable to you or to express interest while on the waitlist, February or March would be a good time to physically be available. Otherwise, you should take your job opportunity and get some great experience to add to your resume. Good luck!