Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confused about foolproof method, do you do the game ten times in a row? or how do you space it out?

aaven4aaven4 Member

I've been struggling with LG and my strategy to study so far has been to do a game until i get it all right and in time (usually 3 tries) then i'll put it aside and do it again the next day. That next day I'll just do it once and then do it again the next day until i get it all right and in time 3 times. This usually leads me to doing a game about 5 or 6 times. I want to do the foolproof method but I don't understand if it would mean doing the same game ten times in a row then moving on or how do you space out the ten repetitions?

Comments

• snowcap007snowcap007 Member
    180 karma

Definitely space them out. 5-6 times is good for the first couple days when you first start out. You’re on the right track. A few days later, and then a week later, come back and do the game again to make sure you can still do it. Doing a game 10 times is just a recommendation. Each time you do a game, see if you can get all of the answers correct and make all of the required inferences. If you can’t, redo it. That’s essentially how fool proofing works. I’ve found that doing a game once or twice (three times max, for really difficult games) is enough for me to feel like I own a game now, but I had been fool proofing games for around three weeks before I got to this level. The goal of fool proofing is to gain familiarity with games. Soon it will become a lot easier, and you will become accustomed to different game types and virtually anything the test makers can throw at you.

• aaven4aaven4 Member
    7 karma

@snowcap007 said:
    Definitely space them out. 5-6 times is good for the first couple days when you first start out. You’re on the right track. A few days later, and then a week later, come back and do the game again to make sure you can still do it. Doing a game 10 times is just a recommendation. Each time you do a game, see if you can get all of the answers correct and make all of the required inferences. If you can’t, redo it. That’s essentially how fool proofing works. I’ve found that doing a game once or twice (three times max, for really difficult games) is enough for me to feel like I own a game now, but I had been fool proofing games for around three weeks before I got to this level. The goal of fool proofing is to gain familiarity with games. Soon it will become a lot easier, and you will become accustomed to different game types and virtually anything the test makers can throw at you.

Ah that makes sense, thanks!

• DefundTheLSACDefundTheLSAC Member
    edited August 2022 6 karma

Everyone's different, but I take a game repeatedly until I perfect it. Then I wait a day. If I can do it perfectly again, I wait a week. If I can then ace it a third time, I'm done with it. If I do it imperfectly at any point, it all restarts. My PT average is a 173.