Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

question about BR

JerryMacJerryMac Alum Member
in General 25 karma

Hey all just a quick question are we supposed to Blind Review the whole practice test or are we supposed to just do the logic games part. I just took my first practice test and I am not clear on that. also does it matter if you blind review a day later or should you shoot for doing it all in one day?

Comments

• fycw2068fycw2068 Alum Member
    404 karma

Should be BR-ing the whole test!
    I have tried both -- same day and next day -- and personally I found both to be equally effective. It might largely depend on your learning style/personality.

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

@Jariusmcdade
    Review the whole test until you are pretty comfortable with LR and are good about circling questions you weren't 100% sure about. Once you are good about circling, you need to review only circled LR questions (to gauge when you were tricked by an answer choice or misread and subsequently miss a question you thought you got right).

Always redo the games (helpful to time yourself on the redo, and helpful to try each game in multiple ways by splitting game boards differently when applicable. Always redo the RC (time your read of each passage during BR, and time how long it takes you to figure out each question so you can see where you were stumped or less sure).

Additionally, for RC review you should summarize each paragraph, write down the Main Point, write down the purpose of the passage, the various viewpoints, the tone, and the structure of the passage (how each paragraph relates to the main point).

For LR, label each part of the stimulus as context, premise, conclusion for arguments and figure out what is wrong with the argument. Spend enough time with each question until you can write out why the correct answer is correct and why the wrong answers are wrong. Additionally, for some questions it is helpful to "fix" the incorrect answer choices (parallel questions).

All of this is a ton of work, but is absolutely the best way to improve your understanding of the test which will translate into improved speed and accuracy. It should take a long time. You can start on the same day as the test if you have taken a break to rest, but it is going to take a couple of days at least to review the test thoroughly (until you start scoring high enough where you are only missing a few questions per section). Don't score the test until after you are done with BR (trust me! everyone does, but that facilitates a more results-oriented mindset which is bad). Finish up by watching the video explanations for questions you missed or couldn't 100% prove out the correct/incorrect answers.