Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(Another) Question about BR'ing PT's

jack.igoejack.igoe Member
in General 544 karma

Hey Everyone,

Hope everyone is progressing through their studies. I had a quick question regarding BR methods for PT's. I have heard several people reference that they continue fool proofing LG as they PT. I think that this a great idea, but I'm unsure how to go about it. For example, I just took PT40 today (flight game absolutely killed me). After taking the PT, should I watch the explanation videos for the game and then try to do the game again/week later?

Also, if you wouldn't mind just quickly sharing, how long does it normally take you to BR? I'm hoping to take ~1-2 PT's per week and was thinking that I could PT in the morning, BR 2 sections later in the day, and then BR the last 2 the following day. Does this sound feasible?

As always, thank you for your responses.

Comments

• Harrison_PavHarrison_Pav Alum Member
    218 karma

For the games, after you've finished the test, I would go through and and do them untimed (BR them) and then once you do that, watch the videos unless you're just so confident you don't need to watch, and then the following day do them again and then a week later look at some that gave you a lot of trouble. for RC @"Alex Divine" has a pretty stellar method (it's long but if you have the time it's worth doing), and then for just BR in general, I would say take the test in the AM and then in the after noon BR one of the LR's and do another section (RC/LG) and then do the second LR section and other RC/LG the following day. At first it should take you about 10 hours to BR an entire test, so doing two test a week is very doable. I would say you'll probably be circling nearly half the test at first but as you progress you'll notice it takes less and less time to BR because you'll have less questions you've circled, and the ones you have circled you'll know the fundamentals well enough to catch any mistake.

Also that flight game was huge pain in the ass and I haven't seen any like it in a while. Those awkward misc. games seem to stop showing up as often come PT 45 or so.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

@Harrison_Pav said:
    Those awkward misc. games seem to stop showing up as often come PT 45 or so.

They come back with a vengeance in the 70's though.

I think that's pretty good advice about managing BR and time expectations. Make sure once you're done though that you don't just move on. Analyze your mistakes and search for patterns. You need to address those weaknesses through returning to the core curriculum and a variety of drills and exercises. If you don't address your weaknesses, you can't really expect to see much improvement on the next PT. And if you can't expect to see much improvement, you've got more important work to be doing before taking another PT.

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

Thanks so much @Harrison_Pav and @"Cant Get Right"! For some reason, I am oddly good at some of those weirder games. I've settled on the process of trying the games once more untimed before watching the explanation video (if I feel that I need it after spending as much time as needed). After that, I'll try it again a week later. It seems that I can figure out some of these weirder games if I can fight through the original panic and take my time.

As for post-br analysis, do you have any tips for that? I am keeping a spreadsheet of the types of LR questions that I get wrong but it's sort of hard to diagnose a pattern seeing as though I've only taken two full PT's.

Thanks!

• spitzy11spitzy11 Alum Member
    772 karma

@jackigoe said:
    Thanks so much @Harrison_Pav and @"Cant Get Right"! For some reason, I am oddly good at some of those weirder games. I've settled on the process of trying the games once more untimed before watching the explanation video (if I feel that I need it after spending as much time as needed). After that, I'll try it again a week later. It seems that I can figure out some of these weirder games if I can fight through the original panic and take my time.

As for post-br analysis, do you have any tips for that? I am keeping a spreadsheet of the types of LR questions that I get wrong but it's sort of hard to diagnose a pattern seeing as though I've only taken two full PT's.

Thanks!

Do you use the 7sage LSAT Analytics? It's super helpful in realizing what you need to drill the most! Of course, the more PTs you take, the more information will be provided to further diagnose what the weakest areas are.

• Harrison_PavHarrison_Pav Alum Member
    218 karma

Yeah the analytics feature on here is really helpful on what you need to focus on. also the more PT you take the better. There are only so many ways the LSAT can tell you A before B