Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slow down before exam??

ilovethelsatilovethelsat Member
in General 348 karma

Hi,

I'm planning to take the July exam. Between now and then, the only thing I'm going to do is take practice exams with thorough review in between. I have 12 practice exams scheduled until the July exam. I also have been keeping track of really difficult LR, RC, and LG questions I've encountered, and I'm planning on reviewing those the week before the exam.

My question is, does it make sense to slow down with PT-ing as I get closer to the exam? So for example, from now until the beginning of July, I'll be doing like 2 exams a week but then after July 3rd I just have one final exam planned with thorough review and the review of all the difficult LR, RC, and LG questions I've been tracking. Would you say this is a good strategy, especially because I want to make sure I don't burn out right before the exam?

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Patz4lifePatz4life Alum Member
    214 karma

I find it's helping me to slow down as I get closer to the june test. At this point the bed has already been made. It's more about getting yourself mentally prepared to perform on test day rather than learning new material. So do whatever you need to. Personally, taking some time off as school was ending so I could focus on my final papers and getting drunk with my friends did wonders for my mental health and I even performed better on my next PT I did.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Yes, I absolutely think studying should slow down going into the exam. I think 2 PTs per week is the absolute max anyone should do, because you need to leave time to thoroughly BR. Your gains don’t necessarily come from doing the PTs, but during the review where you can correct your mistakes and dig in to the answers to grow your understanding. I think slowing down to 1 per week is good, and I wouldn’t take a full PT within about a week of the exam. The week of the exam, I think you should do very light review only, and then the day before the test do nothing LSAT related at all - only things that make you feel happy and relaxed. The week of the test, there’s almost nothing you can do to increase your score. But stressing yourself out and pushing your limits will certainly decrease it. It sounds like you have a solid plan lined up. Good luck!!