Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transcripts

HopefulLAwHopefulLAw Free Trial Member

Hi, I am trying to figure out two questions.

1) I was at a 4-year university back in 2012 but I only attended for one semester. Am I supposed to submit that transcript to the LSAC as well? I was on the website and it said "please wait until you have completed at least six semesters of undergraduate work before requesting transcripts" but I ended up leaving and starting another school (Tech) 2015 before transferring to the university I'm at now.

2) Does my technical college transcript need to be sent to LSAC as well? I wasn't sure if that counted as a community college.

Comments

• HopefulLAwHopefulLAw Free Trial Member
    17 karma

Hi everyone is it's not too much trouble I had one more question! I am graduating this December and I'm wondering when I should send the transcript from this university ?

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

LSAC details all the types of transcripts you must submit as part of your law school application here: https://www.lsac.org/applying-law-school/jd-application-process/cas/requesting. The transcript from your one semester of study needs to be submitted as well as your technical college transcript. When you submit your university transcript depends on when you want to submit your law school applications. If you apply nice and early in the cycle like end of October/early November, you should submit the current university transcript to LSAC in September so you can at least complete your application. Once you graduate, update your LSAC file with the final transcript showing the date and degree conferred. It is not unusual for law schools to make final decisions on applications without final transcripts and final grades. Good luck!

• HopefulLAwHopefulLAw Free Trial Member
    17 karma

Thank you!