Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Visual Learner Struggling with Lectures without Transcripts

profile427profile427 Alum Member
in General 213 karma
Hi All,

I'm about 20% through 7Sage's course, and I've learned quickly that the format for the majority of the lessons isn't "sticking" for me because I'm a visual learner. The lessons that have transcripts and/or are just written, I do just fine comprehending. I've found that I have the videos on 1.2x to 1.4x speed because I don't have the patience to listen to all of the extraneous info, side comments, and attempts at humorous jibber jabber. In other words, I'm struggling because I don't feel like the majority of the foundational lessons are well-scripted and tend to ramble than rather get straight to the point. I have neither the time nor attention span for ramblings.

Any tips on getting through the rest of the material? I was disappointed to find that as I continued through the course there are little-to-no transcripts, as compared with the earlier lessons. I'm getting really discouraged, and I'm starting to default back to PowerScore at this point. I feel that as I try to push myself to really tune into the lessons, the more I lose attention to task. To give you a better idea, I don't listen to talk radio because it induces sleep (especially at the wheel...). Help!!!

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited May 2015 12637 karma
    Hey @profile427, sorry about that! Can you let me know what lessons you're working on that you're having issues with?
  • profile427profile427 Alum Member
    213 karma
    Thanks, Dillon! If the lesson is longer than 5 minutes or so and doesn't have a transcript, then that's where I'm struggling. There are a number of lessons that fall into this category. I'm a much more efficient learner if there are transcripts, especially when it comes to passive online learning. I only refer to the videos if clarification is needed. I guess that's just the struggle of meeting needs of different learning styles.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Ahh, I gotcha. Sorry about that! I'm in the process of adding little cues on the videos for specific questions so you can just skip to them if you need clarification for videos that are 5min or longer. Most of the LGs have this: http://7sage.com/logic-game-explanations/

They look like this:

Let me know where you are in the Syllabus, I'll try to skip ahead and add those for you.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    I have similar issues. I always kept hoping you guys would eventually add subtitles for us visual learners. Not sure how difficult that would be, but it would be very helpful