Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time Angst

clarissa.hclarissa.h Alum Member
edited January 2015 in General 50 karma
Hi all,

Flipping through the threads on the 7sage site helped me see that I am not the only one who ever had a "fear" of this test and then found every possible way to psych themselves out or make it feel so much worse than it really is.

If any of you know your abilities are in the high scorer range (170+) but you find yourself feeling angsty worrying about time while taking the test (a sure focus killer) - just try this.

Relax. Sit down to take a section and practice questions for that section for a few hrs. Snack for a quick 15 min break, then sit down to complete a section. Instead of setting the timer for 35 min, set a stop watch. Move at a comfortably fast pace through the section, but diligently apply yourself to each question. Find your rhythm. Upon completing the last question in the section, hit the lap button on your stopwatch, and then take a quick look back at the handful of questions you were iffy on. This should also be at a comfortably fast pace. Once finished with the second glance, hit the stop button on your stopwatch.

Both times might be revealing, and hopefully reassuring if you've just been psyching yourself out thinking about how much time is left on the clock when you should be answering questions.

There are so many things in life you might have thought would be a huge deal to actually achieve, and then after the fact you realize it really wasn't as bad as you were making it out to be. I hope this helps!

Best,
C.