Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

#help I'm incapable of translating English to Lawgic

itsemmarobynitsemmarobyn Member
edited July 2019 in General 272 karma

Honestly, I don't know what's wrong with me. I've been working through the lawgic and the PSA/SA/MBT curriculum for the past month and I'm so bad at it.

I understand lawgic in terms of the rules of translation when I do it in the quizzes. But when I did the SA/PSA practice question sets, for every question I tried to diagram, it took me over 10 minutes and I was always so so wrong.

I don't know why I'm so bad at it-- I don't know what I'm not understanding! Does anyone have any resources for further practice or any advice on how to get better at this? I'm genuinely, completely, 100% terrible at it and I don't know why.

Comments

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    edited July 2019 872 karma

These were/are hard for me as well but what helped me was to go slowly and take my time with reviewing the basics again. I noticed that what I thought I understand when I first watched the videos was different the second/third time around. Also for the question sets, questions that I did poorly on, I would re-do those problems again until I understood. So if you're getting those questions wrong or even if you're spending a lot of time on them, I would review those again (after watching the videos). Also- I highly recommend taking breaks when possible and returning to the topic with a fresh pair of eyes later. Good luck!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Are you maybe reading too fast?

• CoffeeEnthusiastCoffeeEnthusiast Alum Member
    211 karma

I was in a similar situation a month ago when I started studying too. What helped me was actually engaging with the content rather than trying cold approaches like diagramming everything. Most of the time for those questions you'll feel a gap while you read and 1-2 answer choices will stand out as good fillers. If you can't decide between two potentially right answers then it might be good to diagram just to confirm, but I would suggest not doing it all the time because its pretty time consuming.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

@chenyu_1995 said:
    I was in a similar situation a month ago when I started studying too. What helped me was actually engaging with the content rather than trying cold approaches like diagramming everything. Most of the time for those questions you'll feel a gap while you read and 1-2 answer choices will stand out as good fillers. If you can't decide between two potentially right answers then it might be good to diagram just to confirm, but I would suggest not doing it all the time because its pretty time consuming.

Same. I stopped diagraming everything and just read the stimulus and started thinking critically about how the information connected within the paragraph. On many LR questions, you can start seeing gaps before you even get to the question and answer choices.
    l'll diagram some questions still, but definitely not all.