Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What PT to Start with?

A question like this was posted before but it is kinda dated. So basically should I first do PT 36 then do like 40 then do most of my PT from 50-70 and leave couple of 80s before 2 weeks or something from my exam date?

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Are you talking about which PT to do a diagnostic with, or are you talking about which PT to start PTing with? If I were you PTing, I would start with 60 and do all of the even numbered tests from then on. That way you still learn the progression of the test, get plenty of exposure to modern and current LSATs, and you'll still have fresh PTs in the event that you decide to retake

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    470 karma

It also depends when you plan to take the exam and what your schedule looks like/how much time you are dedicating per day/week to studying. Note that many students notice some changes in the exam that occurs in the mid 70s which, although they are very minor changes, can possibly cause a temporary decline in your score by a few points, so you want to make sure you get to that point with plenty of time (> 1 month?) to adjust

• @MissChanandler
    Is there a specific amount I should do? I’m gonna take the test in September. So you think I should pass the 40s 50s then?

• edited July 2019 413 karma

@MIT_2017 i will be taking the test on September im still Doing the LG bundle and almost done with the CC. I’m thinking i should take a PT just to know where I’m at. So I guess I’ll start late 5s early 60s. Do like 3 60s and move on to the 70s maybe?

Also from now until September i plan to study 8 hours a day

3256 karma

You should be doing about one PT per week, or maybe one every five days or so if you aren't feeling burnt out. I'd just use the 40s and 50s as drilling material for in between the PTs. I think by the September test you have time to do ten, MAYBE twelve PTs. Since you're taking it so soon, I would start with PT 64 and then do every other PT moving forward. So you'd do 64, 66, 68, etc. That way you are exposed to recent tests but will still have some left over in case you want to retake.

• @MissChanandler did you fist master LG before jumping to PTs ? Or is it ok to master it while taking full PTs?

3256 karma

I think that taking three weeks or a month to work on games is a good plan, but it's also okay to do a PT here and there while you do so

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    470 karma

@"Positively LSAT Street" said:
    @MissChanandler did you fist master LG before jumping to PTs ? Or is it ok to master it while taking full PTs?

I don't think you should "master" LGs before moving on to PTs, but focusing on them until you get comfortable with them is fair. I'd suggest you somewhat quickly start doing 1 PT per week and then in between PTs you can do at least one of each section, while focusing additional studying time on any particular section/weakness that needs the attention