Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I start worse and finish better

RuffianxRuffianx Alum Member
edited July 2019 in General 68 karma

I've noticed that it seems most students start a PT better and then finish worse. This is big reason why there is a such an emphasis on building up your endurance while taking practice tests.

I however have the opposite problem. The first and second sections are almost always worse (and more mentally taxing) than the later sections. I attribute this to my brain just not being fully awake and I've realized that I need a considerable warm-up in order to preform well.

Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• rnwangumarnwanguma Alum Member
    160 karma

I have this same issue! On my last couple of PTs, my 1st LR section is hot garbage while my 2nd section is remarkably better. I'm guessing that warm-ups before a PT can't hurt.

• RuffianxRuffianx Alum Member
    68 karma

@rnwanguma I'd recommend trying out some different warm-up routines until you find one that works for you! For me personally, I find doing 1 RC passage, 1 (harder) LG, and 10 LR questions untimed works the best, as it allows me to re familiarize with the unique language of the LSAT.