Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Advice on studying after one take - 7Sage Forum

Advice on studying after one take

CoffeeEnthusiastCoffeeEnthusiast Alum Member
in General 211 karma

Of you guys that just took the July LSAT but are already registered/plan to register for September, any advice? How are you guys staying motivated while waiting for your July score?

Comments

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

Took March 2019 and just took July 2019, so similarish boat. Take at least a week, I took two last time, to just chill. Let your brain relax. In regards to how to stay motivated, keep visualizing why you are doing this in the first place. If you truly believe you can improve your score between now and then, think about what that does for your overall end goal and what that will bring you.

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    470 karma

@EagerestBeaver said:
    Take at least a week, I took two last time, to just chill. Let your brain relax.

seconded.

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    1094 karma

I took a few days after the June exam and jumped right back in to heavy studying. I just know myself and relaxing knowing I’m not making any progress would drive me crazy. Of course, lots of people might prefer to take a longer break. You just need to do what you know is right for yourself.
    As far as staying motivated, I keep the end result in mind. That is, the reason I’m doing all of this is to change careers, go to a great school, and become a great attorney. It doesn’t hurt that I find the challenge of the LSAT kind of fun.

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

@99thPercentileOrDieTryin said:
    I took a few days after the June exam and jumped right back in to heavy studying. I just know myself and relaxing knowing I’m not making any progress would drive me crazy. Of course, lots of people might prefer to take a longer break. You just need to do what you know is right for yourself.
    As far as staying motivated, I keep the end result in mind. That is, the reason I’m doing all of this is to change careers, go to a great school, and become a great attorney. It doesn’t hurt that I find the challenge of the LSAT kind of fun.

I love your username