Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC strategies

tanika.stanika.s Alum Member

So far, I have watched the videos about making low res summaries for each paragraph, and I have also watched the RC question webinar. I have also been drilling passages from PT 40-49 untimed. On harder passages that is convoluted I end up missing 3 or 4 questions, and on the easier passages I end up missing 1. Can anyone provide their RC strategies that has helped them?

Comments

• z.shilaz.shila Member
    111 karma

Hi!

Thanks for messaging. Where are you in your LSAT studies and how are you scoring?

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    edited February 2020 550 karma

@"tanika.s" Hey, I've been in your shoes before. I will give you my two cents for whatever its worth. I found I do the best in RC when I do not necessarily focus on all the minute detail and read a bit slower. The more time I take on the passage the faster I can go through the questions. You're missing questions either because you didn't fully understand what the stim was asking you, your'e missing key details from the passage, you're fell for traps. The main thing that I do now is run down the passage at regular speed and understand the structure first; e.g. The first paragraph states a problem, the second paragraph shows proponents view, third attacks proponents view, fourth calls for alternative action. Then I skim the passage and try to gather little key details I might have missed on my first run down. If you know the structure of the passage you can find the answers to questions that ask you to recall the passage in a more time efficient manner.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Personally, I like to speed up my reading a bit and spend more time on the questions. I spend the minimum amount of time reading to understand the MP and structure.

• tanika.stanika.s Alum Member
    185 karma

Thank you!!!! i will try this approach