Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retake LSAT 3rd try in February?

MichaelsMichaels Free Trial Member
edited January 2015 in General 14 karma
My PT's are usually in the mid-high 160s but I had a hard time with both the September and December LSATS- both similar tests with -12 curves.

The school I want to attend has a median GPA of 3.64 and LSAT score of 162. My GPA is 3.60 and LSAT score is 161. I was wondering if you guys think it is worth it to go for my final attempt in February. It is accepted and the school takes the highest score. Thanks.

Comments

• David WayneDavid Wayne Free Trial Member
    571 karma
    I think that if you study harder and do more PT's, there's room for improvement.

Don't blame the exams' curves though. Each exam's curve reflects a specific standard of difficulty; the exams are supposed to be equal in difficulty. So a -12 on one exam and a 14 on another merely reflects the way in which theyve accounted for potentially easier questions on one section. It is equally difficult to get a 170 on every exam. Thats how it works. Preptests 72 and 73 aren't and harder than the one's you've taken in the past.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    edited January 2015 578 karma
    I would apply but still plan to take the june lsat in case you don't get accepted this year. I know there is chance for improvement but what if you end up not doing great the third time especially with the pressure of knowing it's your last chance. If you take the February they will put your application on hold and wait for that score to come which puts you at a disadvantage if they are on a rolling admission.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    they'll only put ur app on hold if you tell them you're taking again in Feb. If you feel ready I say go for it. It looks like you can get accepted to the school you want currently but def have an opportunity for more $. Though I would say only take in Feb if you feel you will really improve. If you think you can see some real improvement in June I vote that instead. You can still update the school if you get accepted for more $ and heck if you really score higher maybe you have shots at better schools you weren't thinking about or even just applying next cycle for the best possible $. Either way if you feel you can improve Retake