Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Studying in December, LSAT in February

Hello!
I've been studying on and off the last few years for the LSAT, and I am seriously committing the last few weeks before the February LSAT to study (yes, I know it is not recommended). Is there anyone else in the same or similar situation as I am?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

This is similar to what I did for my second take, and my score actually went down a point. Obviously that was very disappointing. You acknowledge that this is not recommended, so I'll skip the explanation on that. Just wanted to report my own experience as an example. I am very, very good at the LSAT and I couldn't pull it off.

It also depends on two things:

How does your goal score compare to where you're currently scoring?
    If you're currently averaging a 158 with a 175 BR and your goal is to break into the 160's, then you can probably do that between now and February. If you're averaging a 150 and want to score a 170, it's just not going to happen. It's a spectrum of probability, so just make sure you have reasonable expectations about what yours are.

What are your specific testing issues are, and how readily are you able to identify them?
    I was stuck in the mid 160's for almost a year and I just had no idea how to improve because I didn't understand what my problems were. Once a very good tutor pointed them out to me, my score shot up to mid/low 170's over night and never came back down. So you just got to know what you need to work on so that you can maximize the returns on the time you have. You can work all day every day on the wrong thing and your score won't budge. If you focus on the correct things though, it is possible to make substantial gains very quickly.

• mel24othymel24othy Member
    3 karma

I was stuck in the mid 160's for almost a year and I just had no idea how to improve because I didn't understand what my problems were. Once a very good tutor pointed them out to me, my score shot up to mid/low 170's over night and never came back down. So you just got to know what you need to work on so that you can maximize the returns on the time you have. You can work all day every day on the wrong thing and your score won't budge. If you focus on the correct things though, it is possible to make substantial gains very quickly.

Do you mind sharing who your tutor was? I'm currently seeking one. Thank you.

• jolindad95jolindad95 Member
    8 karma

Can't Get Right, how would I go about getting a tutor?

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

I would also like to know who this tutor is because I’m considering getting a private tutor. :smile:

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

I don't know if @"Cant Get Right"'s tutor is available now, but here is a list of great tutors (including @"Cant Get Right"):
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/4760/7sages-approved-tutors/p1