Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Having trouble with staring at the screen

chico2019chico2019 Member
in General 8 karma

HELP

Hi everyone, I have now taken 3 practice tests on Khan Academy and I find it really hard to stare at the screen for so long with such a short break. My eyes start to hurt and it becomes really hard to focus after about an hour. I have been taking those rather than printing out the old ones because I want to get used to taking it digitally. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do to release the tension while I'm taking the test? The 15 minute break helps but as soon as I go back to the screen my head starts hurting again.

Comments

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

Have you tried lowering the brightness? From now on do all LSAT prep including drilling on the computer. I used to get a really bad headache when I would take a PT on paper. Once I started taking PTs very frequently, I got used to it and my headaches dissapeared. I think you'll naturally get used to it over time.

• chico2019chico2019 Member
    8 karma

@cooljon525 yeah I tried with different levels of brightness. That's what I'm hoping, that the more I take them the more my body will get used to them. How often do you take them?

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I had the same problem. I took the July LSAT and discovered the ability to change the spacing between the lines. I changed it double space and what a difference! I was able to focus so much better and no head ache. When you take the official test you do a whole tutorial first and then you can change your screen preferences and I tried the double spacing and was shocked how much of a difference it made for me. I have taken digital tests with Khan as well and don't remember having this option and if so it is after you have already started and are wasting time. BUT you can go to LSAC's website and there are 3 practice tests there. Try to adjust the line spacing with one of them.

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

@chico2019 said:
    @cooljon525 yeah I tried with different levels of brightness. That's what I'm hoping, that the more I take them the more my body will get used to them. How often do you take them?

I used to take 1 every other day. Now i take only 1 sometimes 2 a week.