Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about withdrawing my registration

xinhui_xuxinhui_xu Member
in General 15 karma

I have registered for the September test but I am not well-prepared for it. I think about applying for law schools one year later so I may not change the September test to a different test date. I decide to withdraw my registration but I still have two questions about withdrawing.

1) I know that for canceling scores, my law school report will reflect that my score was canceled at my request, If I withdraw my registration, will it be shown on any of my report or transcript?

2) For the new test-taking limit policy, there is upper limit for how many tests I can take within certain periods, for example, three times in a single testing year. I have never taken LSAT before, if I withdraw this time, it that mean I can only take two tests for this testing year?

Thank you!

Comments

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    edited August 2019 2689 karma

The withdrawal does not show up in your LSAT score report. So, schools wont see it. I think an absence (not showing on test day) does show up somehow.

Yes, the limits have been reinstated, including a lifetime max as of September's testing.
    3 LSAT takes in a single testing year (from June 1 to May 31)
    5 LSAT takes in the five past testing years
    7 LSAT takes for life (but has an appeals process)
    If you hit a 180, you can't take another test for 5 years (that rule is the only rule that is also retroactive)

July 2019 and earlier testings do not count towards these limits (except the 180 rule)

I do not know if withdrawals or absences play into the limit.