Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

untimed work?

LSAT4234LSAT4234 Alum Member
edited January 2015 in General 75 karma
Should I do any LR, LG, or Rc problems untimed before BR or should I just stick to the BR process and do all the problems timed at first and then only do the circled problems untimed during BR?

Comments

• ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Yeah, stick to the regular BR method. If you are just starting out in the LSAT journey, you could do a bit of untimed work just to improve on accuracy, but wouldn't recommend this once you are in the groove of studying.
  • logicfiendlogicfiend Alum Member
    118 karma
    I'm in a similar place. I've been drilling RC untimed to get up my accuracy under the logic that if I can't get them right untimed, then I'm probably not going to do better by adding in the timed element.

I started out 50 min for RC, and slowly I'm going down to 35 until I eventually have time left over and getting everything right, that's the plan. Has anyone else been doing something similar?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    578 karma
    I used to take my time with homeworks but timing yourself after you have learned the basics is very important. I would do everything untimed and when I took the practice tests I had a very hard time with the timing because I was not used to it. So now I time myself even during homework that way when I jump into practice tests, timing is second nature to me.