PTC.S2.Q22 - One can be at home

bugvi_00bugvi_00 Alum Member
edited September 2019 in Logical Reasoning 25 karma

Can someone explain PTC, S2 Q22?

Admin note: edited title; please use the format of "PT#.S#.Q# - [first set of words]"

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

bump

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

I was also struggling with this question and came across this discussion- I think it is the same one you are asking.
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/18190

• michaeltjudahmichaeltjudah Member
    21 karma

This is from two years ago, but I'm sure future people with have the question. I was confused about it myself until I had time with it. It's actually a fairly easy conditional logic problem. A -> B and B ->C then A->C.

(A) If a country is to remain a leading nation then (B) the need is undeniable. Need refers to the need for better understanding of international affairs by the citizenry.

(B) If there is a need (and remember the need is undeniable) then (C) all of our new teachers must be prepared to teach their subject matter with an international orientation.

Therefore, (A) if the country is to remain a leading nation then (C) all of our new teachers must be prepared to teach their subject matter with an international orientation.

That is the logical deduction from the two sentences in the premise and it is also the first answer choice. Answer A.