Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Writing Gramatical Errors: How much do they matter?

CircleTurkCircleTurk Alum Member
in General 148 karma

Hi all,

Looking for a little reassurance because I'm kinda stressed after taking my LSAT Writing. I feel I made a really strong argument but it took me to the last second to finish. When I looked it over I realized with horror that I had made a couple of grammatical errors and big one repetition error ("This person should choose this should choose option this because blah blah blah..") in the very first sentence T_T

How much will that hurt me? Do they care about computer/editing errors more then content or am I okay since I made a solid argument?

Comments

• bananabobananabo Core Member
    1211 karma

I think you should be fine because admissions officers usually look at your LSAT writing sample in order to see how you write under pressure and your ability to form an argument, given the time constraint.

Don't stress too much about grammatical errors because schools understand that it's not going to be perfect, since you only had a limited time to write it. It's an entirely different story for a personal statement though because you have all the time in the world to perfect it, so they would expect that to be free of grammatical and spelling errors.