Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW and need help

shane.khosravianishane.khosraviani Free Trial Member
edited January 2015 in General 4 karma
Hi everyone, My name is Shane K. Im currently 30yo, have a BAS in audio engineering, currently own my own business and just recently passed the Washington state real estate exam. As of December, I decided i want a new career and decided to try and get into Law School (Seattle Law University to be exact). The next available LSAT for me to take, realistically, is in June so i scheduled that. I also just recently purchased all three of the LSAT bibles and wanted a course to sign up for. I was thinking KAPLAN or 7sage, leaning more towards 7sage. But i was wondering do I need the 549$ package or is the 349$ good with the 3 bible books I have as well? Also do these packages offer everything i would need? PT's, books, etc...? Sorry if this message seems all over the place, im in my real estate listing class right now :) Thanks everyone for the help in advance.

Comments

• jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited January 2015 2654 karma
    ok so do not go with Kaplan... just don't, it is a waste of money. So if between those 2 def 7sage lol the differences between packages are the available PTs along with some extra drill sets. All the basics are there its just extra content and membership length so you don't NEED the ultimate package unless you want the extra stuff. If you are diligent and pay attention and really work on the sets and stay motivated you don't really need anything else. A lot of people like to supplement Cambridge LSAT packets by type to add more drilling while learning a question type. The bibles really weren't necessary, especially the RC, as it is not very strongly recommended generally but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to go through them.
    eta: also you seem to be all over the place(career wise) so I caution to be sure you want to be a lawyer, it is a very frustrating and expensive journey so just throwing it out there to make sure it's not just some career phase you won't want to continue by the end of LS
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    I agree ^ do not go with Kaplan. I did and I spent two months frustrated and confused.
  • joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    If you're going to do this, do it right. 7Sage and at least 6 months of serious prep, 9 months if you can wait that long. I did the highest end package and didn't regret it. A few hundred bucks here could save you a quarter million later.

Also, in re to Jdawg's comment about really knowing you want to do this, I suggest viewing the following two pages to fully understand why he said what he said:

http://www.lstscorereports.com/schools/seattle/costs/2013/
    http://www.lstscorereports.com/schools/seattle/jobs/2013/

You really have to know you want to do this because the statistics are not strongly in our favor right now.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    I assume you are looking to be a real estate lawyer?