Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How low/high can you go? LSAT Scores fluctuation

lsatslayer-1lsatslayer-1 Member
edited October 2019 in General 113 karma

Hi, my scores have been fluctuating for the past three months. It would go as high as 170 and low as 158. This month it went from 158 to 167. For example, like today I got a 160 on lsat 85 but I got a 167 on lsat 38, I got a 164 on lsat 84 but a 158 on LSAT 68.
My RC is the only thing that is consistent (75% correct) but my LR would go from being 95% right to 65% and vice versa but for LG. Has anyone experienced this and how can I be more consistent? Most common answers are 1) lack of focus 2) you got easy sections 3) don't take older tests. What do you think?

Comments

• SilentEagleSilentEagle Alum Member
    100 karma

Hey, I have also struggled with this problem. I go from low 170s to low 160s. I think it just takes time to be more consistent. Sometimes I think it is best to take some time off if you have a few poor scores in a row. I feel a lot of times that bad scores come from being mentally tired from constant focus on the LSAT. A little break can help you recharge.

• lsatslayer-1lsatslayer-1 Member
    113 karma

thank you!

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

Revisit your analytics to see what is fluctuating. For example, if every question type in LR and LG varies, that is a sign of something macro-scale going haywire with your preparation or understanding of the material. If the same question types fluctuate by test, the good news is that it is clearly your understanding of that general type of question that needs to be strengthened.

• nycgal90nycgal90 Alum Member
    149 karma

My fluctuations were really bad. I was PT'ing around 153 and I ended up getting a 143 on the LSAT in July. Kept doing practice tests for a few more weeks until September and was scoring between 153-163. Actual LSAT in September I got a 157.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Ive actually been pretty consistent around mid 160s. For me, my RC and LR is pretty consistent but lately my LG has been horrible. Section scores I havent gotten since right after the core curriculum.

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    edited October 2019 917 karma

My range was between 166-171. Scored 169 on the real thing and called it quits. A 158 to 170 difference is huge. LG i can kind of understand because sometimes there are insanely hard games that cause you to wipe out (very rare tho) but for LR are you making stupid mistakes? Or do you feel like the questions are harder.