Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do people review questions they got wrong?

GodsPlanGodsPlan Member
in General 176 karma

So currently I'm PTing at around 140, with BR of 150, and my goal is 163.

My current plan is to Do a PT one day, BR it the next, and review my answers the following day. Ultimately trying to squeeze 2 PT's in per week.

Since there are a ton of wrong questions, do people usually review these past wrong questions on their own day? Also do people make a question bank of the wrong answers to redo them?

If you have an efficient strategy, please share as it would be much appreciated!

Comments

• TorontoVSallTorontoVSall Alum Member
    edited November 2019 104 karma

All of these ideas are good. Personally, I review questions right after the PT while they are fresh in my mind, but I also don't have as many questions to review as I am at the end of my study period and scoring in the 170s now. There is nothing wrong with saving review for the next day to do it properly, but I would focus on questions you spent most time on right after the PT still.

For LR questions try to push out some useful inference you glossed over or a lesson to take away. For example, maybe you were thrown off by multiple flaws in the stimulus and focused on the wrong one that was not reflected in the ACs at all (hence selecting a trap answer). The more questions you can do this for, the better.

For LG definitely redo the games you did badly on. Personally, I don't redo a game right away though - I put it in my calendar giving me some time to forget the ACs while remembering the inferences.

Re: RC I would like to hear what some other people have to say. I find it very difficult to review RC, as a lot of the traps seem highly situational.

• GodsPlanGodsPlan Member
    176 karma

@TOvsEverybody said:
    All of these ideas are good. Personally, I review questions right after the PT while they are fresh in my mind, but I also don't have as many questions to review as I am at the end of my study period and scoring in the 170s now. There is nothing wrong with saving review for the next day to do it properly, but I would focus on questions you spent most time on right after the PT still.

For LR questions try to push out some useful inference you glossed over or a lesson to take away. For example, maybe you were thrown off by multiple flaws in the stimulus and focused on the wrong one that was not reflected in the ACs at all (hence selecting a trap answer). The more questions you can do this for, the better.

For LG definitely redo the games you did badly on. Personally, I don't redo a game right away though - I put it in my calendar giving me some time to forget the ACs while remembering the inferences.

Re: RC I would like to hear what some other people have to say. I find it very difficult to review RC, as a lot of the traps seem highly situational.

Hey thanks for the response. Definitely keeping 2 take aways from this in mind (tougher questions getting reviewed right after the PT, and looking for take aways in LR that may play useful later in my studies).

Goodluck on your LSAT btw !

• TorontoVSallTorontoVSall Alum Member
    104 karma

@GodsPlan said:

@TOvsEverybody said:

Hey thanks for the response. Definitely keeping 2 take aways from this in mind (tougher questions getting reviewed right after the PT, and looking for take aways in LR that may play useful later in my studies).

Goodluck on your LSAT btw !

My pleasure and thank you! Hopefully someone else can chime in RE: their RC review strategy, because I do not have a good one in place.

• 776 karma

I think this is a million dollar LSAT coaching question to be honest....

Depends on how anal/particular you want to be with your process.... DM and I will share with you mine.