Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apply with a request to wait for newer Lsat?

I’ve heard somewhere that one can apply with a request for the school to wait to process your application until the newer score comes out. Is that accurate? Does anyone know which schools allow this if any? Basically, I took the October Lsat and didn’t score anywhere near what I was doing in my PTs. I’ll be rewriting in Feb but most of the schools I want to apply to (T20), have application deadlines before the Feb score releases.

Thank you!

Comments

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

Many schools have January as the cutoff for the last LSAT date they will accept. So you want to check on each school's website to make sure they actually accept the February LSAT.

For those that do, some schools have a spot in the application that actually asks you if you want them to wait for an LSAT coming in, so you'll want to review the application forms and look for that. For those that don't have such a question, I would submit an addendum asking them to wait for your February score.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Yes, a lot of schools give some indication as to the latest test date they'll accept, and if it isn't on the website or application instructions/other official materials, someone can contact Admissions to find out.