Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Applying before undergrad graduation

dcstyles51dcstyles51 Alum Member

Hi! I was wondering if there is a special process I have to do to apply to law schools before I am fully done with undergrad classes. I will be finished with classes at the end of the year, but I want to start applying to law schools as early as I can this year. Is it just the same process but I have to specify I'm still in classes?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Hey, I’m also applying while still in school. It’s the same process (send in your transcripts, etc.). The only difference was that I listed on my resume in the education section “Degree expected March 2020”. Good luck!

• Chris BabinskyyChris Babinskyy Alum Member
    51 karma

@MichaelScottRegionalManager said:
    Hey, I’m also applying while still in school. It’s the same process (send in your transcripts, etc.). The only difference was that I listed on my resume in the education section “Degree expected March 2020”. Good luck!

Thank you for your response, Agent Scarn. Additionally, do you know if post graduation transcripts will need to be submitted as well? Thanks.

• edited January 2020 142 karma

@ChrisBabinskyy I read somewhere that you’re required to, but I couldn’t find anything on the LSAC page. I’m going to wait for the decisions and then ask the law schools I get accepted/waitlisted to if they require a post grad transcript.

If you’re asking because you’re curious if your grades still matter (which was basically me), I would try to maintain your grades just in case you’re waitlisted or you decide to reapply. It’s better to be safe than sorry! c: