Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Writing Addendum on Old LSAT scores

Hi there!

I am planning on taking the Jan LSAT and hoping to apply in Feb. I took the LSAT back in 2018 and did awful. I obviously don't plan on applying with that score but my question is--would i still have to write an addendum for that score? Can the law school admissions see it?

Thank you for anyone who can help me with this!!

Comments

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

They will see it. You should write an addendum if and only if you have a good reason for why you did poorly. Though just saying you took it when you weren’t quite prepared enough may be sufficient. But don’t fret, law schools give far more weight to your higher score. Some may not care about your older score at all.

• nermeenkary.11nermeenkary.11 Alum Member
    23 karma

@taschasp said:
    They will see it. You should write an addendum if and only if you have a good reason for why you did poorly. Though just saying you took it when you weren’t quite prepared enough may be sufficient. But don’t fret, law schools give far more weight to your higher score. Some may not care about your older score at all.

Thank you so much. This helps me a lot!

• JerseyLife49JerseyLife49 Alum Member
    95 karma

Is it worth it to write an addendum for a very poor LSAT score from the past?