Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice: Is it worthwhile to make a complaint to LSAC?

JSloan55JSloan55 Alum Member
edited January 2020 in General 7 karma

Hello all,

I just wrote the January LSAT and am throughly upset how my test was administered. My testing room was located beside an active lecture hall. Although I could hear the professor lecturing faintly, that was not the issue. The issue was that During section 1 of my test the lecture finished. Subsequently, a large group of students congregated outside our class and were having conversations loud enough in which our whole room could hear. To make matters worse, this occurred once again in section 3. Collectively, this occurred for approximately 20 to 30 minutes of our test. To make matters worse the door which was being used for that lecture hall was broken and would make an incredibly loud screech every time someone entered their class.

We had 3 proctors in our room and it was not until half way through the third section where a proctor went out. Throughout this, it was loud enough to spark our proctors attention as they were consistently looking out the class door window to see what was going on. I understand that distractions are bound to happen, but I assumed that proctors would at least attempt to mitigate them. I do not understand why 3 proctors were needed in one small room yet not a single one in the hallway.

As a Canadian applicant, this was my last chance to test for Fall 2020 admissions and a cancelled test is not an option for me. If anyone could please advise if it is worthwhile to make a complaint it would greatly appreciated.

Comments

• davesp1903davesp1903 Free Trial Member
    18 karma

What do you hope to gain from filing a complaint? Testing center disturbances/unexpected circumstances are normally the rationale behind a cancellation. LSAC may agree to cancel your test and possibly grant you free admission to the next administration, but they will not artificially boost your score.

Since you have made it clear that a canceled score/delaying until the next exam is not in your interest, I am failing to see what benefit, other than a refund, you stand to gain if your complaint is received well.

What happened at your testing location is rather unfortunate, however. That would definitely have affected my concentration....sorry that happened.