Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Long of a Break is Too Long?

umich101umich101 Alum Member
in General 364 karma

So I completely had an anxiety attack during my first section of the recent LSAT, and didn't get to the entire last game. I usually go -1/-0, so I know I won't be getting the score I was hoping for -- and want to give myself a bit of a break in studying.

I signed up for the March test as it's the soonest one available, and it's not until the end of that month.

Would waiting until the start of March to dive back in be too long of a gap, or would that be ample time to pick up where I left off? Was a little too all-consumed by the test, so need to take some time off, but I don't want to lose the progress I made.

Thank you

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

I feel like there are a lot of components that this depends on! For example, I work a 9-5. I can't really do PTs until weekends so how much time I can study in 3-4 weeks is less than someone who isn't studying/working full-time.

You definitely aren't going to forget everything you know about logic, diagramming, etc if you take a full month off. But if you struggle with the timing on PTs, it might be useful to gently practice a few PTs before March. Maybe take 2 weeks completely off instead?

• umich101umich101 Alum Member
    364 karma

@noonawoon said:
    I feel like there are a lot of components that this depends on! For example, I work a 9-5. I can't really do PTs until weekends so how much time I can study in 3-4 weeks is less than someone who isn't studying/working full-time.

You definitely aren't going to forget everything you know about logic, diagramming, etc if you take a full month off. But if you struggle with the timing on PTs, it might be useful to gently practice a few PTs before March. Maybe take 2 weeks completely off instead?

Appreciate that. Thank you!

• hcdbsu24hcdbsu24 Alum Member
    103 karma

You definitely won't forget all of the core stuff. I think picking back up and doing a handful of PT's 4-6 weeks before the test is a good idea. Coming from someone who gets test anxiety I feel your pain. You got this!