Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scheduling practice tests

Hello,

I am behind my schedule due to the difficulty of lsat test and limited time i have every day. I am on the week 5 of 7sage program right now and I would like to get some advice for studying effectively.
I see that 7sage starts practice tests from 1997 (1 test) and further 2001 (1test as well) in the Study Schedule. However, there are so many tests beginning from 1991. When it is the best time to do these tests starting from 1991?
Is it effective to start practice tests alongside with learning basics of each section, or better to do it after learning all the theory?

Thank you

Comments

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

There are various opinions out there on this subject matter. Personally, I waited until I finished the cc and had a descent understanding before I started PT'ing. Once I completed the cc I started with untimed LR sections while foolproofing games and then transitioned into timed sections and PT's. There's no one size fits all.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

I think finishing the CC isnt a bad way to go before u start PTing. I honestly dont think it makes a HUGE difference whether you throw a few PTS in there or not. After all, the CC is composed of real problems anyway just turned into sets.

For organization sake, I think finishing the CC first is fine

• LawGuy175LawGuy175 Alum Member
    27 karma

Don't worry about the practice tests before 1997, the questions in those tests are used for the problem sets in the CC. I would focus on completing the course first, you don't have to do every problem set in every section. Once you have a good grasp of the concepts, start taking the practice tests.