Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do scores improve during the PT drilling stage?

Controller779Controller779 Alum Member
in General 221 karma
Just looking for some advice. I'm right at the start of things....

Just completed the 'Most Strongly Supported' module and averaged 72% on all of the 54 practice questions at the end. As I am unlikely to encounter this question type again until I start drilling practice tests...could I improve during that stage?

Perhaps I'm not wording it correctly (It doesn't read right to me!): Is it possible to improve on a specific question type will drilling PTs, or have I reached a plateau on my standard because I've completed the theory module?

Any advice welcomed!

Comments

• ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Get the Cambridge Drilling packets for LR and you'll have access to a bit more. There's 124 MSS questions from PT 1-38.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    As above, you can get Cambridge packets for more drilling. Also, LR questions are all variations of each other. You need to break down the stimulus and figure out what is wrong/missing or how it could be strengthen, etc. As you continue through and learn/drill other question types you will be improving skills you use while doing all sorts of problems. work you do on one question type does more than benefit you for that one specific type
  • Controller779Controller779 Alum Member
    221 karma
    Sounds good; thanks to the two awesome repondees, above.

Is 7/10 average at least a good start for MSS questions? As you can tell, I have a few confidence issues with this old thing... :p
  • Ben SchnellBen Schnell Alum Member
    54 karma
    To answer, if you review your PTs, you'll never necessarily plateau. Each question is different but each question type is generally the same and as you gain even more experience with the questions during PTs and review, at the very least, the wrong ones (but BR entirely) you should improve. So no, you shouldn't expect to always get 72% on MSS questions going forward.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Basically once you finish the course and start taking PT, you'll have the fundamentals needed to answer any and every question type. But I believe one truly begins to understand the overall purpose of the lsat through BR. & that is when you know if you got the basics or if you need to go back and review certain concepts.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Actually yes they do... its when you see the tangible results of all your efforts coming through!!!
  • nickshakurnickshakur Alum Member
    4 karma
    Blind Review Method