Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Notes While Going Through Problem Sets

CSieck3507CSieck3507 Member
in General 1376 karma

Hello fellow 7Sagers,

Do any of you recommend writing out notes while watching explanation videos for harder questions such as NA, Parallel Flaw, SA etc.?

Just wondering because I feel it would really make you engage with the question and really analyze why you may have gotten the question wrong or right. And bonus, you can go back to the notes in case you miss the question again when fool proofing.

Thoughts?

Comments

• 1058 karma

I think this is a great thing to do. Writing things out has always helped me cement new concepts or approaches into my mind. I think the best thing you can do is to first write out how you arrived at your answer choice and then watch the explanation while noting where you might have made a mistake or where you could have been more efficient in your approach. If you write out your thought process first you are more likely to remember any corrections you may need to make.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

When I first started writing out explanations, I cannot even begin to count how many times I said, "Oh, okay I get it," and then went to write it out and had no idea whatsoever what to write.

Write everything.