Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will 7Sage create an LSAT Flex practice tool?

joshmcneillwebbjoshmcneillwebb Alum Member
in General 54 karma

Hi to anyone working at 7Sage. I'm signed up for the June LSAT and I'm fully expecting LSAC to offer the LSAT Flex in June, too. Since the Flex format is substantially different than the typical four section format, I'd like to get some practice in with taking a three section test composed of one section from each main category.

Is 7Sage intending to modify its practice test tools to allow for users to take mock-flex tests? If not, do you have any suggestions on how to go about doing that with what's already availabile to 7Sage Ultimate+ subscribers?

I take all my practice tests online through 7Sage so trying to get ahold of paper tests for flex practice isn't practical for me, unfortunately, due to the Corona situation.

Thanks!

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Idk just have 3 problem sets ready back to back. I dont think 7sage needs to create a practice tool just for flex, the only difference if we used what we had now was just to take 10 seconds in between problem sets to take the next one

• TheresaAnnTheresaAnn Member
    edited April 2020 109 karma

I would probably just continue with the four section PT's for practice.

• danielbrowning208danielbrowning208 Alum Member
    531 karma

I would keep taking 5 section tests in your practice. If you end up with a flex test in June, then great, the test will feel like a breeze (from an exhaustion standpoint). If the test is normal in June, then you are prepared for that as well.

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

I agree, I don't think that there is a need for 3 section PTs. Practicing for 4 or 5 section PTs will just mean that a 3 section test feels easy.

What we need, however, is to know how LSAC is going to be scoring the LSAT-Flex, and that is something that 7sage cannot provide. Most people do not have an even distribution of their missed questions throughout all three sections. I consistently miss the most on RC, for example. If that section is now going to count as a third of the test, rather than just a quarter, my overall scaled score is likely to dip. Unless LSAC is planning to somehow weight the single LR section differently, I don't understand how they can fairly say that the LSAT-Flex accurately approximates a normal LSAT score.