Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Prep Advice?? Diagnostic 146

in General 26 karma

As the title says, I got a 146 on my diagnostic. I was pretty devastated. I took it last week. I was planning on taking the LSAT in October. I'm finishing up my senior year of undergrad currently. My GPA is very high (3.98). Thus I am aiming to attend a T-14. But I am not sure if attaining a 165-170 LSAT score this October is realistic given my diagnostic. So I have been considering entering law school in Fall 2022 rather than Fall 2021. Any advice for me? Should I aim for this October? I have read the article by 7Sage on the "Three Worst Mistakes of LSAT Prep." It said that one should study for a year. I just wonder if that would lead to burnout. Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Russ Sob-1Russ Sob-1 Alum Member
    72 karma

Time is going to be your best friend. Given your fabulous undergraduate performance, I think that you should take the necessary time to do well on the LSAT, even if that means delaying law school for a year. If you can take the time to work enough to pay the bills and really focus on the LSAT prep, you will likely save a lot of money. Even if you don't go to a T-14, a few points difference in admission can make thousands of dollars of difference.

• 26 karma

That's what I was thinking. Just to clarify, you'd think it's a good idea for me to start law school in Fall 2022? I think my plan is to start studying now. Graduate undergrad in June. Take the LSAT next April. Then apply next fall. Seems like a good time for me to mature, volunteer, and get a job as well.