Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Little Contradicted

Frenchy555Frenchy555 Live Member
in General 393 karma

So the registration for the June LSAT closes tomorrow night and I was wondering if I could get some quick insight from this amazing community. I would feel comfortable taking the June Flex-LSAT as of right now but I would feel even better waiting for July. I understand that score cumulation is of no issue and I figured, might as well get one under my belt because I will be participating in either the June/August or the July/August dates, or maybe even all three if I'm feeling hardcore. The thing that worries me is the LSAT Flex, I've heard horror stories relating to the recently implemented tablet LSAT, so I think it might be wise to sit back and observe the experiences of students who will have taken the Flex this month before deciding which date to pursue. Who else in this bizarre situation?

Finally, I want to be able to participate in the Flex at least once and my friend who is a full time healthcare worker (Works E.R.) says there's very little possibility the test will be administered normally in July for my state.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Which test would be best for a first time LSAT taker looking to apply for 2021-2022 Cycle
  1. Which Test Date?13 votes
    1. June
      30.77%
    2. July
      69.23%

Comments

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    edited April 2020 2042 karma

I thought rather than just a vote I would also give some perspective because I think we are in a similar situation. I have been planning on taking the June LSAT. I wanted to take June because it is an early test, and since I already delayed I am trying to learn from previous mistakes and start testing early in case I need to take more than one test. I also liked the June test because it is disclosed.
    Fast forward and I was initially all for taking the Flex test. But with reality of how tight the curve will be and also the fact that LR is also not weighted as heavily ( and it is my best section) I have decided to postpone until July. I am working with a study group and working on RC every single day with them.
    I don’t honestly see how they will make June disclosed because of Flex and I also strongly believe that the summer LSATs will be Flex so I think the extra time will be a big plus to take July over June.

• audeamus300audeamus300 Alum Member
    226 karma

Yeah I feel you. I've considered this myself. But there were too many uncertainties and factors to consider right now that made it very difficult for me to make a decision. So I personally kept it very simple and thought of two independently sufficient conditions that would make me not want to take the Flex:

If my current average PT scores are not where I want them to be --> Don't take the Flex
    If my current LR is significantly stronger than my RC or LG --> Don't take the Flex

Obviously, my situation is different from yours. But I personally would go with July/August, if you're hesitant of June/July due to uncertainties regarding the first administration of the Flex. I also think taking 3 LSATs in a row might not be the best idea.

If you still aren't sure what to do, you can just sign up for the June and withdraw later if you need to. It'll be like buying insurance -- it'll cost you money (registering fees) but it'll give you more options and a peace of mind. You can decide if it'll be worth it.

• Frenchy555Frenchy555 Live Member
    edited April 2020 393 karma

Ended up holding off, felt like the good decision. I'm ready to see how the Flex exam plays out and see what people are saying after they take it. Very interested to see how everything goes.

• austin.caustin.c Member
    50 karma

I just saw this and held off until July for similar reasons. Glad to see that is the consensus here.